Welcome to the Bulgaria section of Architectonic, our photo-based venture featuring Communist-era buildings, monuments and memorials and more.
Where we know the details, we have included basic information (the full name, city and country along with the architect and dates of construction/completion). If you know any of the missing information, we would be thankful for anything you can add.
Architectonic is a largely visual project, but for some destinations we have written more in-depth posts. The following are related posts you may be interested in:
- Communist monuments in Bulgaria – Striking communist-era monuments and memorials
- Communist-era architecture in Sofia
- Monument to the Founders of the Bulgarian State in Shumen
- The Park-Monument of the Bulgarian-Soviet Friendship in Varna
- In photos: twenty-five examples of Soviet modernism in the former USSR
- Back in the U.S.S.R. … monuments and architecture of the Soviet and communist-era
You can filter these posts by city or town by clicking on the tabs below. Use the ‘clear selected’ tab to show all posts again before selecting another one.
Follow Architectonic on Facebook
Follow Architectonic on Instagram
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our latest architecture posts as well as our latest news from the road less travelled…